Thursday, March 8, 2007

Thursday Thirteen Things That Are Annoying Me Right Now

ttholiday9.gif


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

Yeah, not a terribly inspired Thursday Thirteen, but what the heck, it's been one of those days, I'm cranky, and it's time for a whine.

1--BEDTIME. Argh! Am I the only mother in the world who can't get her kids to go to bed when I tell them to? Do I need to start dosing them both with Valium and a rum chaser to make them go to sleep?

2--Getting the car inspected. What's the point? It's all in one piece, it runs, why do I need to pay someone to look at it and tell me it's functional? I prove that it is every time I turn the key.

3--The dog and cat ALWAYS fighting. I swear, it's like having another pair of kids. Pet the dog, the cat gets jealous. Pet the cat, the dog flips out. Try and pet them both at the same time and wind up getting buried under competing furry bodies. Which then fight. On top of me. *eyeroll*

4--Wearing glasses. This one's my fault, though, in two ways. One, I only have one bad eye, because I was hit in the left eye by a rock when I was a child. And I stared that game so I really can't blame anyone else. Two, I used to wear one contact lens, but I got the protein-remover bottle and the eye-drops bottle mixed up, and, well, protein remover in the eye makes me say really bad words. Now I can't wear a contact because of the aftermath of corneal burns.

5--Putting away the clean laundry. Don't ask me why, but I don't mind washing it, hanging it out to dry, folding it, hanging it... but putting it away bugs me. How petty is that?

6--The little pink window that keeps appearing at the bottom of the blogger screen as I type, that vanishes too fast for me to read what the stupid thing says! Is it a spell-check? Grammar check? Message from an alien civilization? Winning lotto numbers? COME BACK AND STAY FOR MORE THAN HALF A SECOND, LITTLE PINK BOX!

Ahem. Sorry.

7--The way my desk always gets so incredibly messy, even when I'm trying to keep it neat. It's like some kind of supernatural crap-magnet. I should just stop fighting it, but then I'd never see my keyboard again.

8--The fact that I'm out of chocolate, and even if I had some, I'm on a bridesmaid-dress-diet and couldn't eat it anyway. Grrr. I can tell this diet won't last long, but do they ever, really?

9--Ah ha! The pink box came back and I read the first couple words before it vanish. "Could not" So apparently it means... er...well, anyway. Moving on...

10--Daylight Savings Time starting early. I wouldn't mind if it was the "Fall Back" one where I'd get an extra hour of sleep--who doesn't love that? But I'm not ready to lose an hour this weekend. At least my boys have Spring Break next week, so it shouldn't be too brutal.

11--My cell phone company. Nuff said.

12--The speakers on my monitor. It's one of those flat-panel monitors with the teensy little built-in speakers, and they've always sucked, but now they don't work at all. Makes it hard to watch funny stuff on YouTube without sound.

13--And finally, it bugs me that I had to think so hard for the last 4 or 5 things to gripe about. It really interrupted the flow of my ranting, and it's so hard to recover from rantus interruptus.

Have a Thursday Thirteen on your blog? Feel free to link yourself here!

3 comments:

Raggedy said...

I have trouble with 1 and 11. She is STILL up! grrrr....
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Ingela F. Hyatt said...

Your list was hilarious Amelia!

By the way, the pink box at the bottom of blogger says that it can't connect to blogger right now but will try again later...Just to put you at ease... *grin*

See, there ARE some advantages to a slow dial-up connection, things actually stay on the screen long enough for you to read them.

LOL

Amelia Elias said...

Ahhh, so THAT'S what it said! Stupid pink box. Too bad it wasn't the winning lotto numbers!